- About the Initiative
- View Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- Search Curricular Resources
- View Volumes of Curriculum Units from National Seminars
- Find Curriculum Units Written in Seminars Led by Yale Faculty
- Find Curriculum Units Written by Teachers in National Seminars
- Browse Curriculum Units Developed in Teachers Institutes
- On Common Ground
- League of Institutes
- Video Programs
Have a suggestion to improve this page?
To leave a general comment about our Web site, please click here
The school districts participating in the Yale National Initiative include those with Teachers Institutes and those that are planning or exploring the creation of such Institutes . Colleges and universities and public school districts may explore the desirability of establishing a Teachers Institute for their own community. Public school teachers from communities that have Teachers Institutes or are planning or exploring a Teachers Institute may apply to participate as Fellows in national seminars held at Yale. The twin purposes of these seminars are to provide first-hand experience in the Teachers Institute Approach and to acquaint participants with the Understandings and Procedures necessary for a Teachers Institute.
The following school districts are currently participating in the National Initiative:
- Chicago Public Schools
School Districts on the Diné Nation and Northern Arizona University
- Appoquinimink School District
- Christina School District
- Colonial School District
- New Castle County Vocational-Technical School District
- Red Clay Consolidated School District
District of Columbia
- Bureau of Indian Education
- Cedar Unified School District
- Chinle Unified School District
- Holbrook Unified School District
- Kayenta Unified School District
- Sanders Unified School District
New Haven, Connecticut
- District of Columbia Public Schools
- New Haven Public Schools
- School District of Philadelphia
- Pittsburgh Public Schools
San José, California
- Richmond Public Schools
- East Side Union High School District
- Franklin-McKinley School District
- San José Unified School District
- Bryan Independent School District
- Hearne Independent School District
- Tulsa Public Schools
Sixteenth Intensive Session
July 6-17, 2020
Public School Teachers Named Yale National Fellows
View New Topical Index of Curriculum Units.
Search Curricular Resources written by teachers in National Seminars and Local Teachers Institute seminars.
View the Photo Gallery of Participants at Yale.
Explore the archive of News and Feature Stories.