- About the Initiative
- View Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- Search Curricular Resources
- View Volumes of Curriculum Units from National Seminars
- Find Curriculum Units Written in Seminars Led by Yale Faculty
- Find Curriculum Units Written by Teachers in National Seminars
- Browse Curriculum Units Developed in Teachers Institutes
- On Common Ground
- League of Institutes
- Video Programs
Have a suggestion to improve this page?
To leave a general comment about our Web site, please click here
(Developed for English and Social Sciences, grade 3; recommended for English and Social Sciences, grades 2-4)
- Sally Thomas Miller (William Fox Elementary, Richmond, VA)
Subject taught: language arts and Virginia Studies, Grade: 4
Pat Kite is to be commended for creating such a fabulous resource for all elementary teachers. In fact, her unit can be used for students of all ages.
I can't wait to use her unit with my fourth graders.
Thank you for providing such an exciting tool for teaching our students.
- Kim Horton (Carthage High School, Carthage, TX)
Subject taught: English, Grade: 10
I am doing a unit on Cinderella Around the World on the high school level. We have been unable to find the complete text of many of these stories. Is there a resource which makes them available?
- Becky Morales (Kid World Citizen, Sugar Land, TX)
Subject taught: ESL/Spanish
One quick note
I love your activities, your thorough research, and the concept. The one thing I implore you to change, is the reference (in several parts) to Africa as a country. It is a continent, with 54 countries. You simply cannot say \"Iran, China, and Africa... in these countries...\" We do a disservice to kids to lump such diverse cultures into one erroneous label.
Public School Teachers Named Yale National Fellows
National Teacher of the Year Addresses Conference
View New Topical Index of Curriculum Units.
Search Curricular Resources written by teachers in National Seminars and Local Teachers Institute seminars.
View the Photo Gallery of Participants at Yale.
Explore the archive of News and Feature Stories.