- About the Initiative
- Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- View Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- Search Curricular Resources
- View Volumes of Curriculum Units from National Seminars
- Find Curriculum Units Written in Seminars Led by Yale Faculty
- Find Curriculum Units Written by Teachers in National Seminars
- Browse Curriculum Units Developed in Teachers Institutes
- On Common Ground
- League of Institutes
- Video Programs
Have a suggestion to improve this page?
To leave a general comment about our Web site, please click here
(Developed for English and Social Sciences, grade 3; recommended for English and Social Sciences, grades 2-4)
- Sally Thomas Miller (William Fox Elementary, Richmond, VA)
Subject taught: language arts and Virginia Studies, Grade: 4
Pat Kite is to be commended for creating such a fabulous resource for all elementary teachers. In fact, her unit can be used for students of all ages.
I can't wait to use her unit with my fourth graders.
Thank you for providing such an exciting tool for teaching our students.
- Kim Horton (Carthage High School, Carthage, TX)
Subject taught: English, Grade: 10
I am doing a unit on Cinderella Around the World on the high school level. We have been unable to find the complete text of many of these stories. Is there a resource which makes them available?
- Becky Morales (Kid World Citizen, Sugar Land, TX)
Subject taught: ESL/Spanish
One quick note
I love your activities, your thorough research, and the concept. The one thing I implore you to change, is the reference (in several parts) to Africa as a country. It is a continent, with 54 countries. You simply cannot say \"Iran, China, and Africa... in these countries...\" We do a disservice to kids to lump such diverse cultures into one erroneous label.