- About the Initiative
- Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- View Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- Search Curricular Resources
- View Volumes of Curriculum Units from National Seminars
- Find Curriculum Units Written in Seminars Led by Yale Faculty
- Find Curriculum Units Written by Teachers in National Seminars
- Browse Curriculum Units Developed in Teachers Institutes
- On Common Ground
- League of Institutes
- Video Programs
Have a suggestion to improve this page?
To leave a general comment about our Web site, please click here
SHAZAM! Exploring Superhero Comics to Study Character Origin and Creative WritingbyKarlene McGowen
This unit is designed for an eighth grade language arts classroom. The key objectives for this unit include sequencing, origin studies, character development, and creative writing. Although this unit is designed to work within the reading/writing workshop format it certainly can be tailored for standard instruction classrooms as well.
(Developed for Literacy, grade 8; recommended for Language Arts and English, grades 6-8)