- About the Initiative
- View Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- Search Curricular Resources
- View Volumes of Curriculum Units from National Seminars
- Find Curriculum Units Written in Seminars Led by Yale Faculty
- Find Curriculum Units Written by Teachers in National Seminars
- Browse Curriculum Units Developed in Teachers Institutes
- On Common Ground
- League of Institutes
- Video Programs
Have a suggestion to improve this page?
To leave a general comment about our Web site, please click here
(Developed for English II, grade 10, English IV and AP English Literature, grade 12; recommended for English, grades 10-12)
- ,Barbara McDowell Dowdall (A. Philip Randolph Career Academy, Philadelphia, PA)
Subject taught: English, Grade: 12
African Americans and Shakespeare: Partners in the Search for Humanity
A newly-published additional resource:
Newstok, Scott L. and Ayanna Thompson, ed. Weyward Macbeth: Intersections of Race and Performance. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2010. A fascinating collection of essays on this topic going back to colonial times and including material on the Federal Theater, music, and film renderings. Langston Hughes said "You put me in Macbeth...and in everything but what's about me."
Public School Teachers Named Yale National Fellows
National Teacher of the Year Addresses Conference
View New Topical Index of Curriculum Units.
Search Curricular Resources written by teachers in National Seminars and Local Teachers Institute seminars.
View the Photo Gallery of Participants at Yale.
Explore the archive of News and Feature Stories.