- About the Initiative
- View Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- Search Curricular Resources
- View Volumes of Curriculum Units from National Seminars
- Find Curriculum Units Written in Seminars Led by Yale Faculty
- Find Curriculum Units Written by Teachers in National Seminars
- Browse Curriculum Units Developed in Teachers Institutes
- On Common Ground
- League of Institutes
- Video Programs
Have a suggestion to improve this page?
To leave a general comment about our Web site, please click here
After investigating violent crime data and consequences of its resulting trauma in their local communities, students learn about risk and protective factors of violent victimization and perpetration. Students research tools that will help weaken risk factors and strengthen protective factors, ultimately developing projects to affect positive change in both their personal lives and their communities.
(Developed for English Language Arts, grades 9-10; recommended for English Language Arts, grades 8-12)
Sixteenth Intensive Session
July 6-17, 2020
Public School Teachers Named Yale National Fellows
View New Topical Index of Curriculum Units.
Search Curricular Resources written by teachers in National Seminars and Local Teachers Institute seminars.
View the Photo Gallery of Participants at Yale.
Explore the archive of News and Feature Stories.