- About the Initiative
- Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- View Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- Search Curricular Resources
- View Volumes of Curriculum Units from National Seminars
- Find Curriculum Units Written in Seminars Led by Yale Faculty
- Find Curriculum Units Written by Teachers in National Seminars
- Browse Curriculum Units Developed in Teachers Institutes
- On Common Ground
- League of Institutes
- Video Programs
Have a suggestion to improve this page?
To leave a general comment about our Web site, please click here
After investigating violent crime data and consequences of its resulting trauma in their local communities, students learn about risk and protective factors of violent victimization and perpetration. Students research tools that will help weaken risk factors and strengthen protective factors, ultimately developing projects to affect positive change in both their personal lives and their communities.
(Developed for English Language Arts, grades 9-10; recommended for English Language Arts, grades 8-12)