- About the Initiative
- Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- View Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- Search Curricular Resources
- View Volumes of Curriculum Units from National Seminars
- Find Curriculum Units Written in Seminars Led by Yale Faculty
- Find Curriculum Units Written by Teachers in National Seminars
- Browse Curriculum Units Developed in Teachers Institutes
- On Common Ground
- League of Institutes
- Video Programs
Have a suggestion to improve this page?
To leave a general comment about our Web site, please click here
American Imperialism in Latin America: Territory Expansion, Trade, and ImmigrationbyStephen Straus
This unit focuses on American imperialism related to territorial expansion, trade, and immigration in Latin America from 1846 to the present. The unit primarily examines relations between Mexico and the United States. The unit is geared towards a 7th English Language Arts class. Classroom activities and the content of this unit will be anchored in Voces Sin Fronteras, a bilingual graphic novel in Spanish and English that focuses on contemporary youth immigration experiences from Latin America to the United States.
(Developed for English Language Arts, grade 7; recommended for English Language Arts, grades 6-8)