- About the Initiative
- View Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- Search Curricular Resources
- View Volumes of Curriculum Units from National Seminars
- Find Curriculum Units Written in Seminars Led by Yale Faculty
- Find Curriculum Units Written by Teachers in National Seminars
- Browse Curriculum Units Developed in Teachers Institutes
- On Common Ground
- League of Institutes
- Video Programs
Have a suggestion to improve this page?
To leave a general comment about our Web site, please click here
(Developed for English II, grade 10; recommended for English, grade 10)
- L McDonald (Dover Bay Secondary, Nanaimo, BC)
Subject taught: Senior English, Film and Television, Grade: 12
An excellent and well thought out unit. Your worksheet for viewing definitely pulls out some of the filmmaking devices(colours, soundtracks, etc) no differently than novelists will use their literary devices. Society communicates in several ways and this unit effectively shows that. Great job!
Sixteenth Intensive Session
July 6-17, 2020
Public School Teachers Named Yale National Fellows
View New Topical Index of Curriculum Units.
Search Curricular Resources written by teachers in National Seminars and Local Teachers Institute seminars.
View the Photo Gallery of Participants at Yale.
Explore the archive of News and Feature Stories.