- About the Initiative
- Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- View Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- Search Curricular Resources
- View Volumes of Curriculum Units from National Seminars
- Find Curriculum Units Written in Seminars Led by Yale Faculty
- Find Curriculum Units Written by Teachers in National Seminars
- Browse Curriculum Units Developed in Teachers Institutes
- On Common Ground
- League of Institutes
- Video Programs
Have a suggestion to improve this page?
To leave a general comment about our Web site, please click here
(Developed for General Science, Properties of Matter Unit , Beginning Chemistry, grade 7; recommended for Chemistry, Environmental Science, and General Science, grades 6-9)
- victor joseph (U of Toronto, fremont, ca)
Subject taught: chemistry
Appendix-E of above article
The graph of Al, Fe,Sn & steel phase change temperature T in centigrad vs Time. The time axis is in what units hr, minutes, seconds or days?
- Brudvig Gary (Yale, New Haven, CT)
. It\'s Not Waste: Teaching Recycling through Density, Phase Change and Solubility
The time axis is arbitrary because the time required for the phase changes will depend on the size of each sample and the rate that heat is applied.