- About the Initiative
- Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- View Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- Search Curricular Resources
- View Volumes of Curriculum Units from National Seminars
- Find Curriculum Units Written in Seminars Led by Yale Faculty
- Find Curriculum Units Written by Teachers in National Seminars
- Browse Curriculum Units Developed in Teachers Institutes
- On Common Ground
- League of Institutes
- Video Programs
Have a suggestion to improve this page?
To leave a general comment about our Web site, please click here
This unit will focus on "growing giants in reading" through encouraging and improving your students' reading comprehension skills. I explain how to complete a chapter -by-chapter analysis of The BFG by Roald Dahl. Throughout this unit we will focus on strengthening reading comprehension skills, through reinforcing and improving your students' retelling, predicting, making connections, and critical thinking skills. Students will also gain background knowledge, and make text-to-self connections with fairy tales by reading books about giants such as: Abiyoyo, Fin M'Coul, and Jack and the Bean Stalk.
(Developed for Language Arts, grade K; recommended for Language Arts, grades K-2)