- About the Initiative
- Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- View Topical Index of Curriculum Units
- Search Curricular Resources
- View Volumes of Curriculum Units from National Seminars
- Find Curriculum Units Written in Seminars Led by Yale Faculty
- Find Curriculum Units Written by Teachers in National Seminars
- Browse Curriculum Units Developed in Teachers Institutes
- On Common Ground
- League of Institutes
- Video Programs
Have a suggestion to improve this page?
To leave a general comment about our Web site, please click here
Developing Student Leaders through Nutritional EmpowermentbyCindy Woolery
Developing Student Leaders through Nutritional Empowerment is a unit developed to empower my fourth grade students to demonstrate leadership qualities. Students will be asked to first take responsibility for making their own healthy choices, then use information gained through the study of food science to inform others (students, staff, community) in a variety of self-selected ways by designing and creating a service learning project. The focus of their project will be on sharing the knowledge/insights gained through this unit with others to help all make healthy, wise choices. The unit will build leadership skills and communication skills through service to others.
(Developed for Science and Food Study, grade 4; recommended for Science and Food Study, grades 4-5)